Truck Driver – Road Construction Industry ( Stanley Road Construction )
- Casual position
- Ability to attend safety and job related training
- A high attention to detail and organisational skills
Position: Casual Rate: Flat rate $35-$40 per hour (depending on licence)
Stanley Road Construction are a family owned and run road construction business based in Southeast Queensland. We provide road maintenance services to local authorities and private contractors, and pride ourselves on delivering a superior service and result to our customers.
We currently have a number of Truck Driver roles available to work within our busy Road Construction division. The role is casual on commencement with the possibility for full time work for the right candidate following a successful probation period.
As Truck Driver you will be responsible for transporting materials including asphalt, aggregates, bitumen and other associated products from various asphalt plants to the project sites and cart materials back to the plant. You will be required to take pride in your work and maintain our equipment to a high standard.
Key duties include:
– Conduct Pre-start inspections of trucks and ensure all paperwork is completed accurately and within stated timeframes.
– Work in harmony with onsite staff and take direction from Spotters and Crew Supervisors to ensure all publicly posted safety rules and internal safety procedures are followed.
– Maintain eye contact with spotters recognising and following their signals.
– Embrace the introduction of new technologies and procedures as we continue to innovate the way in which we operate.
– Cleaning and maintaining the trucks to a high standard.
– Observe and implement all safety instructions and procedures and actively take part in Tool Box talks
– You will be required to work in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Code for the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (Road and Rail) and Load Restraint Guide from the National Transport Commission. As the licensed driver, you will be responsible for ensuring you manage your fatigue and take all required rest breaks under the relevant legislation.
The positions are based in Brisbane and surrounding areas and are available for immediate start. The role requires both day and night shift and you will be required to work outdoors and at times in inclement weather. In general, shifts are Monday to Saturday but occasional Sunday shifts may be required as our business is a 24/7 operation.
Essential criteria includes:
– Current HC/MC License
– White Card for Construction Industry
– A good driving history
– Driving reference. A printed driving records is favourable
– Positive, friendly attitude
– Availability to work shifts at nights and on weekends
– Your own transport to and from the yard
– To be pass a pre-employment medical and drug test
Highly Desirable Criteria includes:
– Experience operating tipping truck or Semi Tipper/ Walking Floor
– Good knowledge of Brisbane and surrounding areas
– Previous experience in Asphalt Industry
To be successful in this role you will need:
– A high attention to detail and organisational skills
– A sense of urgency and the ability to adhere to work schedules and follow through on challenges as they arise.
– The ability to adhere to policies and procedures as they are set forth and maintained
– Ability to attend safety and job-related training
To apply please send a copy of your current resume to email@example.comJob Categories:Auto Road Ranger, Brisbane Local Knowledge, Dangerous Goods, End Tipper, HC Licenced Work, HC Semi, Local Work, MAN trucks, MC B Double, MC Licenced Work, Mercedes, QLD, Queensland, Road Ranger, split gearbox, Synchro Gearbox, Tip Over Axle, Tippers, Walking Floor.
Job Tags:Auto Road Ranger, BRISBANE, Driving, HC Licence, HC Semi,Heavy Combination,Prime Mover,Semi Trailer,HC Driver,semi driver,semi driving,HC Truck,HC Truck Driver, Local Knowledge Brisbane,Brisbane Local, Local Work, MC B Double,B Double,B-Double,Multi Combination,Multi-Combination, MC, MC Licence, Mercedes, Road Ranger,Eaton, Stanley Road Construction, Synchro Gearbox, Synchro,Synchromesh,Manual box, manual gearbox, Tip Over Axle, Tippers,tipper, truck driver,truck driving,truck drivers,drivers, Walking Floor.
287 total views 4 today